Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 2 Response

I found doing this project very very relaxing. The project was not intimidating to do, probably because it was so limited and everyone had the same few choices of what to use. Though we were able to use more than one material, I think it was more restrictive than last week. We had the option to use any material, which can be more scary. We also had a long set up for the project and got to practice writing a word in different ways.

I also liked this part because it reminded me of the way I sometimes work. I do a lot of free associating and list making what I am struggling with coming up with ideas. It helped take the pressure off of choosing a word, or a topic. This could help students who have trouble with these kinds of problems.

Because of this I felt very comfortable working on this project. I focused on creating texture by using different width markers writing "communication" over and over. It was interesting because I wrote it so many times over each other that you couldn't read it, so it did a very poor job at communicating what was written.

I think I would do something like this as a warm up or preparation for a second project. I got a little frustrated because I kept wanting to add white or alter it in other ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment