Friday, September 17, 2010

Week 3 Response

First of all, I am a huge fan of Tyvek! This is the most excited I've been about a new material in a long time. I thought it sounded interesting last week but I wasn't convinced untill I started working with it. One of my favorite things, besides the fact that its almost impossible to tear, is that it pretty much looks exactly like black paper. I left class last week and sat down and finished my entire project in one sitting because I enjoyed it so much. Here is a picture of it...


We kept working on these by finding new ways to interact with what we had made. Here are some pictures of what we did. I especially love the one that is projected onto me. The second picture is the piece between several mirrors and the third is just projected onto the wall.


I really like the use of the projector. It can completely transform the room and prepare the students for the project. The text projected onto the wall was very exciting. Doing a slide show of student work is especially important. It validates their work and could be very inspiring.

We talked about more ways to use text in lessons. These could be using small, medium or large words and handwritten or typed. The words could be cut up and scrambled or used to create texture or make shapes.

I liked the way we made distinctions between each of our pieces. Aileen said to encourage learning we need to have the vocabulary to talk about the work.

I've never done animation but I would really like to do that with a class. I could do claymation, cut paper, or those cut outs on matchsticks. The animation with the tree and punched out circles was absolutely gorgeous. The end products are very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment