Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 4 Response

I could always use new ways for students to stay active when they've finished a project and have definitly just told a few to free draw. I like the idea of having them pull out a slip of paper with an activity to do on it. Three examples that were mentioned were picking up scraps for the collage bin, sharpening all the pencils, and designing a new shopping cart for the elderly. There are tons of other things I could use.

I also need to find ways to get the room silent when I need to tell them something. The clapping tricks dont work if they are used too often so I need more ways. We talked about it breifly, but I would like to touch on that again.

I've been thinking about the alphabet project and I think I would make a few adjustments. The examples that were shown were much stronger if they had some sort of a theme, such as the sidewalk. I would split the students into groups and have each group choose a theme. They would then split us the letters the way we did.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I forgot that we discussed having activities in a hat! Having prepared individual activities that range from paper shredding to exploring a new material would be so exciting to choose from. I am trying to think of some for my Saturday class and want to try to have some that play off of "classroom responsibility" and some that are just fun.
    I'm so glad I was reminded of this, thanks Alex!

    ReplyDelete